• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung NE58M9430SS STOVE COOLING FAN DOES NOT TURN OFF AUTUMTICALLY

tianzhenghua

Premium Member
I disconnect the wires from the thermostat (new one) when it has power and the cooling fan runs over time. Immediately, the cooling fan stopped. After that, I reconnected the thermostat and the cooling fan is not running for 5 minutes, then running again. Would we concern about the colling fan or the Mainboard issue? which one is properly issued? I am heading for some suggestions from everyone, thanks. suggestions from everyone, thanks.

Attachments

• 452676826.jpg
    452676826.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 64
  • SCAN0008.PDF
    562.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4381.MOV
    23.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then it has to be the control board then causing this problem, I posted the link to it in post #2.

Jake

goddahooch

Premium Member
Hello Jake and OP.

I have the same issue with my Samsung NE58F9500SS. which from the pics is a very similar unit to what you both are discussing.

is this still an active conversation? I could use some guidance...

the cooktop blower motor runs constantly. even when the cook top is cooled overnight. cook top still heats and operates. oven does not turn on does not heat. Error e-oe showing.

I disconnected the leads to the the cooktop temp sensor and tested as you have described using ohms meter and it tests correct according to your description.

I also did as you have described below.

To confirm that thermostat is the cause, disconnect power to the range, then you can remove the 2 wires from it, then plug the range back in and see if the cooling fan still comes on result from the above test is that the entire range stove is dead. meaning it just is blank as if the power has been shut off. no lights. no beeps. dead...this result is to me not what would be expected. which leaves me confused.

lastly I made a little jumper and disconnected wires from sensor and installed a jumper from the 2 leads to the sensor essentially bypassing, and the result was same as if the sensor was plugged in correctly. same error code.

should the door lock motor be able to be turned by hand? it wont budge...

should the 2 leads on the door lock motor be providing 120 volts to the motor? they are showing no voltage at the leads. or do I need to test when I push the door lock button?

ugh I don't know enough about this stuff.

Thanks for your input?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately @tianzhenghua didn't come back to update us so we don't know the final result if the control board fixed it or not.

You have a slightly different model that I have worked on as of yet, other than what I mentioned to @tianzhenghua I don't know what else it could be if the control board didn't fix it for @tianzhenghua

Hopefully another tech. or member that's worked on your model NE58F9500SS can shed some light on it for us.

Jake

goddahooch

Premium Member
Thanks Jake,

update....
for the last week or so we have been turning off the unit by the breaker box to not burn up the continuously running fan. hassle for sure. but this what we do while we wait for parts. ordered a board and temp sensor.

anyway wife informs me the thing is now working fine and indeed it seems to have miraculously fixed itself...all functioning now as designed. no errors. no fan.

I don't think this is really good news. its mixed news as the problem existed and problems don't just go away...

ugh.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, as Jeff use to say, if it fixes itself it usually comes back to haunt us again.

Jake

tianzhenghua

Premium Member
This sure is the left control switch that was turned off but no buzz so the fan still running. I did test if the left control switch was turned off with a buzzing, the fan will turn off. I will replace the left control switch. then should be ok.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for coming back to update us!

What is the part number of the left control switch?

Jake

goddahooch

Premium Member
My stove is still running on the self healing mode. No reoccurrence of the malfunction as of yet. Fingers crossed!