• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung NX58H9500WS Bake does not work. Broil does. No smell of gas when bake turned on.

mustangcam302

Premium Member
Model Number
NX58H9500WS
Brand
Samsung
Our Samsung bake does not work. The broil feature does along with the stove top. I also noticed no smell of gas when bake is on. Tested at PCB T503 T504 and T504 T505. 120v is present at both with convection bake set to on. HSI resistance is 58ohms. I also notice the convection fan does not run either while on in convection bake. Convection bake motor resistance is 25ohms. Is this linked to the bake feature not working possibly? Any ideas? Would the safety valve cause no gas to bake but provide it for broil?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

When you turn the oven ON BAKE do you see the glow bar igniter turn orange but will never open the gas valve to light the gas flame? If so, that's usually the BAKE igniter that has gone bad. When you first start the oven ON BAKE, It should take less than 60 seconds to open the gas valve and the gas to come out to light the flame.

You can also amp test it to verify that, by checking the amps from either of the two oven BAKE igniter wires, when the oven is set to BAKE and ON 350.

Amperage range is 3.3 - 3.6 amps. You will need a Clamp style amp meter to check the amps when its ON and GLOWING.

If the Amps are lower than 3.3 amps when its ON and GLOWING, then your oven igniter is weak and will need to be replaced.

Here's the BAKE igniter for your model:
DG94-01012A Assy Hot Surface Igniter

Jake

mustangcam302

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I have replaced the bake igniter already (last night) and still nothing. The igniter does not glow when turned on to bake or convection bake.

Last edited:

mustangcam302

Premium Member
Another thing. When I check for the voltage at T504 T505 and T503 T504 voltage is at both when set to convection bake. Should both the broiler and bake ones be getting the 120v when only bake is selected? I didn't check voltage with the broiler selected yet.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When turned ON BAKE 350 the BAKE ignitor should be getting 120 volts, if not then your control board is bad, same with the BROIL igniter when BROIL is ON.

Check the voltage(120V) at the T504-T505(Bake), T504-T503(Broil). If your not getting the full 120 volts at the T504-T505(Bake) then yes, your main control board is bad.

Here's the main control board(PCB) for your model you can order:

Another member was having this exact same problem and the new main control board fix it:

Jake

mustangcam302

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I saw that post. I do have 120v at T503 T504(Broil) and T504 T505(Bake). That's with it set to bake. Are both suppose to have 120v when set to bake? Or is T503 T504 suppose to only have voltage when broil is selected? Is there a spot on the PCB to check for voltage going to the igniter, or is it best to check at the igniter connectors? Thanks for the help Jake🍻

mustangcam302

Premium Member
Update. Tested T503 T504 with broiler set and on and did not have 120v. T504 T505 did have 120v with broiler set and on. I tested for voltage at the bake ignitor (set to bake setting) and my meter is showing 49.8v. Sounds like maybe the PCB like the other post? Sounds like the opposite of the previous post mentioned above where I have 120v at both on bake, but only T504 T505 has 120v when set to broil.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I tested for voltage at the bake ignitor (set to bake setting) and my meter is showing 49.8v. Sounds like maybe the PCB like the other post?
Bingo, you nailed it!

Bad control board, that should be 120 volts, not 49.8 volts.

Jake

mustangcam302

Premium Member
Update. Used the link @ appliance parts pros from Jake. Installed the PCB.....and ...bake now works again. Thanks for the help and insight Jake. And thanks for this forum existing for the help and support!🍻

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Mustang, glad to hear the new PCB fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake