• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung NX58H9500WS Range - right front burner no spark

Engineerron

Premium Member
Model Number
NX58H9500WS
Brand
Samsung
The right front burner is having issues, seems when you click it to turn it on it just clicks, but no spark, have to light it with a match, all the other burners are working ok. Range is 3 years old..

Lewis R

Premium Member
Hi, all burner electrodes should spark whenever any burner is set to the lite position, so if you are getting spark elsewhere when starting the RF burner, then the switch to initiate spark is working. If not getting spark when turning on the RF burner, then the switch to that burner is likely bad.
If spark is occurring and gas to RF burner is on, it should lite off, if not, check for clogged pilot holes or whatever pathway that is allowing gas to engage with the sparking electrode. Also the top cap on burner head has to be properly set to force the gas in right pathway. I have seen the wrong caps on the burner heads, or small holes stopped up causing a no lite burner condition.

Good luck
Lewis

Engineerron

Premium Member
Thanks Lewis, but i'm afraid that's not the problem, apparently it's the spark, we don't see any spark coming from the electrode, like you can see on all the other burners......the gas comes out ok, just no spark to ignite it...and it's only on this burner, all the others work fine.

Lewis R

Premium Member
OK either broken wire to that electrode, or spark module not putting out high voltage on that circuit. If you turn on any burner to lite position, all electrodes should spark. Does the RF burner ever spark if another burner is turned on. If so, the high voltage circuit is good, if not, the switch to that burner is at fault.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

What's the complete model number?

Here's the results I get:
NX58H9500WS/AA-00
NX58H9500WS/AA-01
NX58H9500WS/AA-02

Jake

Engineerron

Premium Member
All my documentation only shows the number that I have shown, if there is someplace on the range that shows another number I don't know where it is....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Take a photo of the model number tag on your range and upload it here.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, your reading off the book, read it from the model number tag on the machine.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Here's the parts diagram for your model:

Another problem is that Samsung doesn't tell you which burner igniter to use for the right front burner, you can see 5 listed in the parts diagram. You will need to contact AppliancePartsPros to find out.:)

It could also be a bad spark module, the way I check that is switch a good igniter wire in place of the RIGHT-FRONT igniter and see if the known good one sparks, if not then you would need a new spark module.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, I meant I don't have the tech data sheet, so I don't know which one goes where, sorry I can't help you on this one without the tech. data sheet.

Jake

Engineerron

Premium Member
I don't think it's the spark module as all the other burners light with no problem...I wonder if its a design flaw??
Next time i'm in a appliance store I will look for a samsung stove like mine and remove the burner covers and take a look if it's different or the same...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like a plan. I have not worked on a Samsung Range before, they are not popular in my area.

Our popular brands here in my area are Whirlpool, Maytag, Frigidaire, GE. I can fix those in my sleep because I've done so many in my 32 years as a career appliance tech. LOL

Jake