FIXED Samsung Oven/Range NX58H5600SS/AA -SE- Error Code

tlp464

Premium Member
Model Number
NX58H5600SS/A
Brand
Samsung
Hi all, first post here. Thank you in advance for reading and brainstorming solutions with me.

My Samsung appliance worked well for nearly 3 years leading up to this September. Since then, the keypad will now display the "-SE-" error code and beep 10 times loudly. This renders all buttons unresponsive to any press. The stove still works - I can spark a burner and cook there. Any support from the keypad is fruitless. One small exception to this though. When the SE code FIRST appears, I can hit the "Cancel" button and the code goes away. After that, ALL buttons work. I tested all of them last night. They all respond. But a few minutes after that, the SE code will reappear, and if I hit "Cancel", it's unresponsive. Nothing happens and SE persists.

For the past several weeks my experience has been ... 1) Plug in stove. 2) Cook on the stove top. 3) At some point after plugging in, usually 10 - 30 minutes afterwards, the SE code appears and the oven beeps, oftentimes while I'm cooking. I can keep cooking on the stove no problem. 4) I finish cooking and unplug the stove. Rinse/repeat for the next time I use the stove (which is at least once/day).

When the SE code first appears, it beeps its 10 times. While the SE code stays up, the oven will later periodically beep its 10 times. This happens about once every 1-2 hours. I get it Samsung... it's broken... no need to remind me all night! I unplug it because the beeping is actually quite loud and I don't want the sound waking me up. That explains all the plug/unplug action happening.

Fixes attempted so far:
1) Removed the back panel, detached the ribbon panel (I could only access one end of it), and rubbed it front/back with a pencil eraser. Saw this on YouTube and the video had glowing reviews and happy viewers. No luck with that fixing the error code. In that video a different model from what I have was repaired.
2) A few weeks later, removed the back panel, sprayed electronics with 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean per advice from an electrical engineer. No dice.
3) Googled the error code issue again, found this blog, read this previous post: https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/nx58f5500ss-samsung-gas-range-control-panel-not-responding.61134/
- The post starts about nx58*F*5500SS (not my model) but then someone later posts in the thread about my model NX58H5600SS/AA. I got my hopes up on a solution but unfortunately there was no follow up on if replacing the membrane switch or control board was successful.

I'd love to fix this on the first swing and avoid ordering multiple parts... fingers crossed. I'm a new-ish homeowner and this is my first endeavor repairing an appliance. If you have any suggestions... I'm definitely a layperson with appliance tech jargon.

If anyone has any guidance, I'd be so thankful (as would the Mrs.). Every time the oven beeps on us I get some less-than-happy looks from her!

Thanks all,
Travis

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Travis,

I don't see that error code listed in your tech. data sheet.

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GFxgaIswBRyaWCQ_YPlcLNT7J2zAK5nX

Get into the diagnostics and see what other error code pulls up.

On that thread you posted above:

Rick said to order this:
DG34-00027B Switch MEMBRANE

Then in post #24 @FixItLady said it fixed hers.:)

Jake

tlp464

Premium Member
Great, thanks for your feedback. I just ordered the part. I'll update my post after I install.

Thanks,

Travis

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Travis, sounds good.

Jake

tlp464

Premium Member
It worked! I replaced the part on Friday and have not had the -SE- error reappear. I usually could not go more than 30 min before it reappearing. After a couple days, I feel good it's fixed.

Thank you!
Travis

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Travis, glad to hear the new MEMBRANE SWITCH fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Thanks bigbuck for posting the service manual!

Jake