• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Range NE58K9430SS/AA burner not working

ag0240

Premium Member
Model Number
NE58K9430SS/AA
Brand
Samsung
hello everyone,

I have the electric stove NE58K9430SS/AA and one of the burners stopped working. while I was using it the knob was on high, I then turned it to low and the burner completely went off and would not turn back on after that. I can turn the knob from low to high and the burner will not turn on. when I turn the knob the light on the stove face lights up saying "cook top on" so its reading I turned the knob but there is no heat coming from the burner. has anyone experienced this issue? a possible fix? any information would be greatly appreciated. thank you

ApplianceBCS

Premium Member
If you can verify that the element is testing okay that is subject and not working by ohming out the coil just verifying it is conductive then it sounds like a bad limit switch by your description. If its under the glass top you will have to take a couple of screws probably underneath the lip of the glass toward the opening of the oven and the top should come up. Make sure you have power off to the unit before doing any testing.

ag0240

Premium Member
I had an idea that might be but what im finding is the "limit switch" seems to be a fairly common part for Samsung everything lol, would you be able to tell how I can find the part need for the range top?

ApplianceBCS

Premium Member
So the limit switch is otherwise the knob that controls the element you are trying to turn on. Well.. not the knob itself what the knob is connected to. This limits the current going to the surface element and connects with the element along with a temp probe that is on top of the element to shut it on and off according to the appropriate setting you have it on.

DG44-01005B is for Single Burners and DG44-01006B is for Dual Element Burners. Basically the bigger ones are usually the Dual.

ag0240

Premium Member
thank you for you input I purchased the switch. would you happen to know if I need to take off the entire glass top to switch out the switch? or can I just unscrew the unit that holds the knobs and and disconnect the old switch?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
@ApplianceBCS should be back shortly to answer that for you, I would help you, but I've not replaced these switches on this model before.

You can also search Youtube for videos to change them.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.