• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Range NE58K9430SS/AA front display dead

Deadstove

Premium Member
Model Number
NE58K9430SS/AA
Brand
Samsung
Recently the front display of my Samsung electric stove went dead. There are no lights showing at all on the front display. We can use the 4 knobs for the top burners, but are unable to turn the oven on because the display controls the oven.

I noticed a clicking sound coming from behind the control display that clicks every 3-4 seconds. It appeared to be coming from a thermal sensor which I replaced, but it is still clicking and the display is still dead.

I am thinking of replacing the control board DE94-03610A but wanted to know if there may be another reason for the dead display/clicking.

Thank you.

Note: the pic of the thermal sensor shows one lead not connected. I took the lead off while trouble shooting.

Attachments

• stove.JPG
    stove.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 0223211127.jpg
    0223211127.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 77

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its still under warranty, don't do anything or Samsung can void your warranty.

Contact Samsung to come out and fix it for free.

This is your display board:

This is your main control board:

Jake

Deadstove

Premium Member
Thanks for the response. I have contacted Samsung and they have no technicians in this area. The are refunding my money, but I hate to see a new stove go to waste, so I am trying to repair it if I can.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It won't go to waste, no worries on that, they will fix it when it comes back to the factory.

Jake

Deadstove

Premium Member
Sorry if I was unclear in explaining my situation. They are refunding my money because they have no technicians in my area to service the stove.

I asked them specifically about coming to get the stove and they said they would not be picking up the stove and I need only keep it until the refund comes in. I do not want to just throw it away once I get the refund if it can be fixed.

So, based on my OP, can anyone think of the best way forward in troubleshooting the issue? Change the control board, or maybe something else?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
REALLY??? They are going to let you keep this Range too? I'm amazed to hear that! That's great news!

But the bad news is, I have no tech. data information on this Samsung Range at all whatsoever, so Its going to be impossible for me to tell you what voltages to check for to see if your even getting power to light up your front display board.

Most all appliances come with tech. data sheets. Look for it under the range, behind the range, and inside the control console to see if you can find it. Once you find it, scan it and upload it here and I can help you with it then.:)

Jake

Last edited:

Deadstove

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for the response and help. I was able to find a code on the back side of control panel and when I scanned it, it came up with the code: THA1DG9400891B5A0AN410608

I was not able to find anything on the internet with that number. I guess I will just start with replacing the control board and go from there.

Thanks again for the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, keep us posted.:)

Jake

James Goodman

Premium Member
I have this same problem.
I have a Samsung Oven/stove (model NE58K9430SS/AA) and my front display/controls no longer work which means
I cannot run the oven at all. The rotary stovetop controls all work.
The problem started after I suspect a power outage occurred during a period when I was out of town .
When I returned to my residence the stove had the normal time-of-day displayed but the time frozen and the touch controls
were unresponsive. After some research I decided to cycle power at the basement circuit breaker feeding power to the unit.
This resulted in the unit's front display going completely dead and unresponsive (though the stovetop continues to work fine)
I have purchased some documentation online for the model but is quite vague when describing the troubleshooting
as it doesn't call out specific pins within a given connector for tracing power to the display/touch controls. I need help understanding how to probe devices on the PCB when the only access seems to be from the PCB backside?
For instance I'd like to confirm I have 12V and 5V power and that these power feeds are going to the front panel.
The transformers that I suspect create these DC voltages are apparent
on the main PCB board at the backside of the oven.I don't see any way to probe the contacts for those transformers other
than removing the main PCB board and trying from the backside of that board. To do this probing I would also have to disconnect all connections so I ouldn't then actually; measure their output. Plus I'd be worried about the 220V floating around on the board if I were to add the connections back.
I still don't know which soldered contact is the input-side of the transformer v.s. the output-side. Other than seeing a '+' and '-' marked on the trace side.
I imagine I could also check for continuity on each side of the respective transformers. Unlike a chip which has a pin 1 designation , is their a way to determine
what pins/contacts are what on these transformers? I've attached a photo of the transformers and the back-side of the main PCB onto which they re mounted. I've tried gogling the info silkscreen onto the part but no matches came up.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 46