• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Range NE59J3420SB - HOT SURFACE light always on

fncruz

Premium Member
Model Number
NE59J3420SB
Brand
Samsung
Hi,

My Samsung Range NE59J3420SB has the HOT SURFACE light always on. As a result I cannot use the self clean function as it thinks the range is hot which is a safety function.

Is there a part I can buy to fix this hot surface issue?

Thanks.

FC

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does your model have a HOT SURFACE INDICTOR LIGHT for each surface burner? Or just ONE HOT SURFACE INDICTOR LIGHT for ALL the burners?

If for each burner, which one is staying on all the time?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok I could not locate the wiring diagram for this model, but look inside the back of the control console and see if its there.

What you'll need to do is disconnect power to the range, then take a photo of your wiring at the burner switch, then remove THE TWO WIRES to each burner at each burner switch(ONE AT A TIME) and let the wires hang in the air, making sure the metal terminal connectors do not touch anything, then power the range back up and see if the HOT SURFACE light goes out.

Do that for each burner switch till the HOT SURFACE light goes out, then you will find the bad burner causing this issue.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

fncruz

Premium Member
I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere.

Any idea what each burner switch looks like? I would be happy to try to find which one as long as I know what it looks like.

fncruz

Premium Member
I got Samsung to send me the wiring diagram. I will test it soon and get back to you.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that is confusing, I will need to ask Rick.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
That's the most stripped down, bare bones wiring diagram I've ever seen. LOL Stand-by

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
My thoughts exactly Rick. LOL

Jake

rickgburton

Staff member
I went over that diagram and tried to follow the markings but I can't make heads or tails out of it. I can't tell where the wires on the hot surface indicator go. BL8 and BL9 are on the connectors A-1 and B-1. That doesn't tell me anything unless I know where the wires in the connector go. I can't find the other two wires. My guess is each connector is for two elements (right side-left side). Since there's only two wires on the hot surface indicator, the other two being neutral side, unplug the connectors one at a time and see if the light goes off. Maybe that way we can at least narrow it down to one side or the other.

Forgot to add: The hot surface indicator gets it voltage from the element limiter.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Since there's only two wires on the hot surface indicator, the other two being neutral side, unplug the connectors one at a time and see if the light goes off.
Thanks Rick!

Jake

rickgburton

Staff member
I checked the wiring diagram for a Samsung range with a hot surface light and four elements. It had one single element two dual elements and a triple element. The hot indicator light had one wire common to all four elements from the temp limiter on each element and a neutral wire.