• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Range NX58H5600 gas oven doesn't stop heating up

JerryLey

Premium Member
Model Number
NX58H5600
Brand
Samsung
My Samsung NX58H5600 oven heats up fine, but does not shut off, and keeps heating. For example, I set the oven to 420F, it heats up, beeps 6 times when the temp is reached (as it's supposed to), but then it just keeps heating. After a short while I set the bake to 550F, and it shows the temperature is already 510F (obviously, well above the 420F that it was set to), but it still keeps heating up. Since it beeps when the initial temp is reached, I assume the temp sensor is OK, and it sends the signal to the board, which is received (hence the beeping) - but why would it not stop heating up? I know it's supposed to heat up a bit more than the pre-set, then cool down a bit, and cycle that that - but not the 100F above the pre-set, right? I am puzzled! Anyone has any ideas? The oven is 5 years old. Thanks!

JerryLey

Premium Member
Mine is SS/AA, don't see any 00 or 01 after that, but I believe those letters are just color codes (SS is for Stainless Steel).

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
00 is one run and 01 means a change was made to the next run and that is why the model# changes from 00 to 01.

NX58H5600SS/AA 00 uses this clock/control here.
NX58H5600SS/AA 01 luckily uses the same clock/control board.

I assume the temp sensor is OK

Never hurts to check. The oven temp sensor should ohm 1000-1100 at room temp.

oven heats up fine, but does not shut off, and keeps heating

Kinda sounds like the clock/control is welded closed or sticking for the oven.

Other things that can do that....a shorted/melted wire, bad oven gas safety valve but these are rare to happen.

jeff sr.

JerryLey

Premium Member
00 is one run and 01 means a change was made to the next run and that is why the model# changes from 00 to 01.

NX58H5600SS/AA 00 uses this clock/control here.
NX58H5600SS/AA 01 luckily uses the same clock/control board.

Never hurts to check. The oven temp sensor should ohm 1000-1100 at room temp.

Kinda sounds like the clock/control is welded closed or sticking for the oven.

Other things that can do that....a shorted/melted wire, bad oven gas safety valve but these are rare to happen.

jeff sr.
Jeff, assuming it's the control board - do you know if there are any useful videos on how to replace one? I want to make sure it's something I can do on my own. Thanks!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
the clock/control is welded closed or sticking for the oven
Could you please clarify what you mean by that?

The clock/control has relays and triac switches...these can stick and keep something on that shouldn't be on all of the time.
Clear as mud? ;)

do you know if there are any useful videos on how to replace one?

Not yours specific no.

jeff sr.

JerryLey

Premium Member
Clear as mud? ;)
Yup! ;) I'll try pulling the stove away from the wall and seeing if I can figure out how to take it apart. If nothing else, at least it will give me a chance to clean behind it. :) Yes, I will disconnect it from the outlet first.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.