• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RF217ACPN freezer not freezing

hiscores

Premium Member
Model Number
RF217ACPN
Brand
Samsung
I recently purchased a used Samsung RF217ACPN. Although the freezer is cold, I can't get it anywhere close to below zero.

I currently have it set to -8, but it feels more like 15. (I'm going to buy a multimeter to get a more exact reading.)

The power freeze function doesn't seem to do anything, and since the unit was unplugged for about 90 mins during the time it was delivered last week, I'm assuming that there's no point in doing any sort of digital reset.

I've done some reading and I don't think any of the basic issues are the problem: placement, door seal, overloading are all fine.

Because my garage is on a slope, the unit IS tilted forward about four inches (see photo) -- could that be an issue?

If not, I'd love some basic guidance on how to troubleshoot the issue from here.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 38C8DF95-570C-4476-B39B-985D3484E2CD.JPG
    38C8DF95-570C-4476-B39B-985D3484E2CD.JPG
    375.8 KB · Views: 36

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
(I'm going to buy a multimeter to get a more exact reading.)
Yes, I'd do that first to verify the freezer temp.

Because my garage is on a slope, the unit IS tilted forward about four inches (see photo) -- could that be an issue?
Yes, it needs to be level as much as possible.

Remove the back panel in the freezer, we need to see the frost pattern on the evaporator coil, take a photo of it please and upload it.

Look at the last photo below, where it says NORMAL FROST PATTERN.

Frost Patterns.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.