• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Refrigerator RF22R7351SR - Left Freezer Ajar, Now No Ice Production?

erikiksaz

Premium Member
Model Number
RF22R7351SR
Brand
Samsung
Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is just coincidence, but the other day we accidentally left the freezer door slightly ajar and then a few days later we noticed that we were completely out of ice! Luckily my unit has never had the freezing-over issue that other Samsung fridges exhibit.

-When I pull out of the ice cube container, I don't see any ice formation in there
-When I press the test button, I hear a single chime, but no other sounds/chimes follow
-Fridge shows -1 deg in the freezer
-Water pressure is fine, I meet the fill requirements in the manual

So is the ice maker just dead and it was a coincidence that we left the freezer door open? I know we've accidentally left the freezer door open before, so I'm guessing it's the former.

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So is the ice maker just dead and it was a coincidence that we left the freezer door open? I know we've accidentally left the freezer door open before, so I'm guessing it's the former.
My thoughts exactly, how is the ice maker doing now?

Jake

erikiksaz

Premium Member
You know what, it's working now!

Last night I disassembled everything and thoroughly heated/cleaned to make sure there weren't any frozen bits. Oddly the only chunk of ice I found was on the back of the auger motor (not sure what it's called), the one that powers the worm gear thing. That U-shaped coil only had a small amount of ice/frost on it, which I tried my best to clean. Upon disassembly, the ice tray was completely empty. But when I reinstalled everything, I heard the water valve open up to fill the tray so I knew I was halfway there!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, thanks for the update.(y)

Jake