• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Refrigerator RF23HCEDBSR inside temperature of the refrigerator is 80 degrees, inaccurate because everything in the refrigerator is very cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bart12

Premium Member
Model Number
RF23HCEDBSR
Brand
Samsung
Hello. A few days ago the display on my refrigerator was blinking "35". I unplugged the refrigerator in an attempt to reset it and although the blinking "35" did go away, I noticed that the screen now says that my inside temperature of the refrigerator is 80 degrees. That is inaccurate because everything in the refrigerator is very cold. In fact, some things in the refrigerator were frozen.

I looked this up and replaced the temperature sensor.

It was a pretty simple process. The condenser behind the back panel was frozen and I did wait for the frost to melt away before I put everything back together and plugged the refrigerator back in. It has been about 18 hours now and nothing in the refrigerator is frozen but the screen does still say it is 80 degrees in the refrigerator. I have the tempt set to 35 degrees. Do I have to reset something? Any input would be helpful.

Thank you
Bart

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bart,

You will need to order and replace the refrigerator sensor.

Here's the refrigerator sensor for your model that you will need to fix this problem:
DA32-00011C Sensor

3 members with this exact same problem said it fixed theirs:

Jake

Bart12

Premium Member
Thank you Jake. I just ordered the part and will have it tomorrow. I will let you know how it works out.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bart, sounds good, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake

Bart12

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Good news! The part came in, I installed it and it seems to be working fine. Thank you very much for the input. I greatly appreciate it.

Bart

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Bart, glad to hear the new refrigerator sensor fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.