• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RF24FSEDBSR/AA leaking water onto floor and water in middle drawer

nnhubbard

Premium Member
Model Number
RF24FSEDBSR/AA
Brand
Samsung
Recently we have had a few problems with our Samsung Refrigerator RF24FSEDBSR/AA this includes:

1. Ice maker collecting frost and building ice all over where it makes the cubes. Have to chip this out and defrost regularly.
  2. Water collecting in the middle drawer under the tray
  3. Water dripping onto the floor on both sides where we have to have towels to collect the drips.
  4. Condensation all around the seals of the middle drawer and bottom freezer.
Any ideas on what could be causing these issues? It is about 4.5 years old.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
There is a service bulletin that came in 2014 out about a gap in the ice maker room, that causes the condensation turning to frost/ice all in the ice maker room and on the ice maker itself, but you should of noticed that a long time ago.

If this the first time you've noticed that?

The OTHER issues you are having seem like your door gaskets are not sealing tight causing condensation elsewhere in the refrigerator and freezer sections.

Jake

nnhubbard

Premium Member
There is a service bulletin that came in 2014 out about a gap in the ice maker room, that causes the condensation turning to frost/ice all in the ice maker room and on the ice maker itself, but you should of noticed that a long time ago.
Our ice maker has been doing that for quite a long time. I have just dealt with it and we finally had turned it off, but still wanted to figure out what was wrong.

The OTHER issues you are having seem like your door gaskets are not sealing tight causing condensation elsewhere in the refrigerator and freezer sections.
Is there a way to test if the seals are not sealing tightly? It does seem really strange that there is a lot of pooled water in the middle drawer.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is there a way to test if the seals are not sealing tightly?
Just make sure you see no air gaps in the door gaskets when the doors are closed.

It does seem really strange that there is a lot of pooled water in the middle drawer.
Check to see if your drain tube is clogged.

Here's the drain tube for your model(Video Included):
samsung-assy-cap-drain-da97-04049d-ap4442156_01_m.jpg

Here's another member that had this same issue:

Jake

nnhubbard

Premium Member
Jake, I have found that in the middle cheese drawer, drips are coming from the back. See photo:

IMG_1655.jpg

Is that the same issue you were mentioning?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That I don't know. I have not seen drips from there before, so I'm not sure what would cause that except the drain tube being clogged.

Did you check the drain tube like I mentioned above?

Jake