• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Refrigerator RF260BEAEWW/AA-05 intermittent cooling

KevinG

Premium Member
Model Number
RF260BEAEWW
Brand
Samsung
This week, fridge starting not cooling/freezer (almost 5 year old fridge). Just shut off. Unplugged, did a reset and after a bit of fiddling around resetting/unplugging, fridge started cooling again. 4 days later, same thing, but with the added issue that when doing a hard reset, the entire LED display blacked out after it was flashing that it was in the process of resetting. After a bit of unplugged/re-plugging, fridge finally starting cooling.

When not cooling, goes into demo mode (lights on/fan running), just won't fire up when not in demo mode.

Control board going on it? Would be nice if it just failed hard.

KevinG

Premium Member
Or inverter board. Tried looking for the repair manual and could find one for that model for testing purposes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

KevinG

Premium Member
Thanks. Now I wait for it to act up again because everything is good right now and no faults.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Kevin, let us know when it acts up again.

Jake

KevinG

Premium Member
2 months with no issues (knock on wood). Only possible cause/solution that I can run with right now is that I had the unit too close to the wall and was overheating/shutting down.

The 2nd time this happened, I made sure I had more room in the back and since then, everything is fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear that Kevin.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.