• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RF261BEAESR - Water collecting and freezing at bottom of Refrigerator

Burgian

Premium Member
Model Number
RF261BEAESR
Brand
Samsung
My Samsung fridge had a drawer at the bottom of the cooling area. Below that is the large drawer freezer. Water seems to collect and freeze below this drawer in the fridge. How can I stop this from happening. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its most likely the refrigerator evaporator drain hole is clogged up, thus not letting the defrost drain water go down the drain hole.

I use a evaporator cooler spider snake to run down that defrost drain hole: https://www.azpartsmaster.com/products/24-evaporative-cooler-flexible-spider-snake_913

They are used basically in Arizona to clean out the water pump tubes that run to the cooler pads.

I don't know if they would sell them in your area, but if you go to your local hardware store, they should have something similar to run down your drain to clean it completely out.

Then run hot water and a little bleach down the defrost drain hole.

That should fix it for many years to come.

Watch this video below, it shows you how to remove the refrigerator evaporator cover assembly, at about the 4:23 mark you can see the evaporator coil, look below that coil and you see the metal drain trough with the drain hole in the middle.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Paul, I fixed the page link to that cooler spider snake.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Paul.:)

Jake