• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RF28HFEDTSR/AA ice maker not working

Baseballfan7923

Premium Member
Model Number
RF28HFEDTSR/AA
Brand
Samsung
I am having issues with the bottom ice maker making ice. I have had an issue since another part was replaced. It stopped making ice and dumping it into the tray I had tried pressing the reset button and unplugging it letting it sit for 2 minutes but didn’t work. I tried reaching my hand up and found the arm lifted it up then it made noise and later released ice. I believe that worked for one batch then stopped. I then tried the reset button worked and dumped one batch of ice and stopped. I tried the reset button again it made the ding after pressing it and it made one batch of ice and then stopped again.

Janar

Premium Member
Some time ago I had something wrong with mine - the problem was with water supply. If the water supply valve is defective or if it has insufficient pressure, then it will not let water through. As a result, the ice maker will not make ice. The valve requires at least 1.4 bar of pressure to operate. Make sure the water pressure on the valve is at least 1.4 bar. If the water pressure is sufficient, then use a multimeter to check for voltage at the water inlet valve. If the water inlet valve is pressurized and receiving current, but the ice maker will not fill with water to make ice, replace the water inlet valve.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
@Janar is correct.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model, it is located in the filter housing case:
DA81-05998A

Jake

Baseballfan7923

Premium Member
Thank you both for answering I will check pressure this weekend and see if I can check the voltage. I figured it was the ice maker because it won’t drop the ice but makes it once I press the button it does and just doesn’t do another batch until I press the button again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What is the temperature in the freezer? It has to be below 10 degrees F at all times for the ice maker to keep working on its own. If it is 10 degrees or lower at all times and the water flow is good, then the ice maker is the culprit.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
DA97-07603B Ice Maker Assembly

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, order the new ice maker, that should fix it.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.