• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RF30HBEDBSR Freezer not freezing, fridge works

Chaneylk

Premium Member
Model Number
RF30HBEDBSR
Brand
Samsung
I own a Samsung RF30HBEDBSR that is around 6 years old. Just recently the freezer stopped freezing. It stays around 50 degrees all the time, but the refrigerator and ice maker work fine. There were no codes and I did a hard reset on the refrigerator. The compressor and fan works fine and I replaced the Samsung Refrigerator Power Control Board DA92-00486A. I'm still having the same problem and hope someone can tell me what to do.

thumbnail.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you hear the freezer fan motor running inside the freezer?

Take some items out of the freezer and look/feel the back panel inside the freezer for frost build up on it.

Jake

Chaneylk

Premium Member
Do you hear the freezer fan motor running inside the freezer?

Take some items out of the freezer and look/feel the back panel inside the freezer for frost build up on it.

Jake
I took the back cover with fan mounted to it off. The condenser was not frozen up, so I put the freezer in power freeze mode and I didn't hear the fan running.

Chaneylk

Premium Member
I took the back cover with fan mounted to it off. The condenser was not frozen up, so I put the freezer in power freeze mode and I didn't hear the fan running.
The fan in the freezer is working. I heard it so I took the cover off and saw it running.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When you took the evaporator cover off was the frost pattern have a even frost to all the coils from TOP to BOTTOM?

LOOK at the bottom photo below that is a normal frost pattern.

Frost Patterns.jpg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then that seems more like a sealed system problem, or a 3-way valve problem, since the evaporator coil does not have a thin layer of frost on it at all.

I don't have the service manual to help you diagnose a 3-way valve problem, sorry.

Hopefully another tech works on Samsung refrigerators day in and day out can assist you.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.