• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RF31FMEDBBC/AA flexzone freezing

king10208

Premium Member
Model Number
RF31FMEDBBC/AA
Brand
Samsung
I'm having issues similar to this thread:

Specifically, my FlexZone drawer is seemingly ignorant of control settings and is maintaining a steady ~20F or so according to a little stand-up thermometer. A few exploded Diet Cokes later and I'm ready to have that situation go away. I've tried the Googly route and many have said unplug / reset and/or defrost to solve the problem being a frozen damper door, but thought I'd poll you experts and see if I ought to just go ahead and throw a few parts at it while it's warm or get on to the control board with a DMM while it is in its current frozen state.

I sincerely appreciate your experience and guidance in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

king10208

Premium Member
Thank you for the reply, Jake. I reviewed those posts (mostly from Google hits, but eventually through your search tool as well). I see that this is a frustratingly not-unique problem. Ugh. That said, I see solutions ranging from a simple defrost to a perhaps-stressed control IC driving the damper motor. What I was seeking with my post was advice on whether to check all the boxes at once or whether it has been this group's experience that one or another might be the most likely route...

I also appreciate you looking for the service manual for my model. I've checked out the diagram over at APP Samsung Refrigerator RF31FMEDBBC/AA-0000 / Repair Parts and suppose I was also looking for a second opinion on the FZ temp sensor part number. I can't really find it on that diagram. Do you suppose it is DA32-00033C like mentioned in the other thread (with wildimaginations talking about the RF4267HABP)?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes,

Per post #2 in this thread:

This should be the flexzone sensor for your model:
Thermistor DA32-00033C

Jake

king10208

Premium Member
Ok. I'll order that sensor this morning. Do you think the control board and/or damper motor should be replaced as well?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Not at this time, just replace the sensor first.

Jake

king10208

Premium Member
Will do. Do you think I'll need to splice like others have mentioned, or is that clip easier to get to than people let on?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That I don't know, I haven't replaced this flexzone sensor as of yet.

Jake