• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RF4267HARS incorrect current temperature

Sandy Toes

Premium Member
Model Number
RF4267HARS/XAA
Brand
Samsung
Hi. My fridge stopped working correctly after the move. When first plugged in it shows correct current temperatures, but after an hour or so it tells me that it reached desired temperature (both fridge & freezer). Food in the freezer doesn't freeze at all. I put a regular thermometer in it and it shows 37 degrees. Compressor & compressor fan are working. Evaporators fans seem to be working too. This morning I used a hair drier to warm up the temperature sensor in the freezer. The current temperature reading went to only 8 degrees after 3-4 minutes. The freezer evaporator has frost on its top part only as well. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_4350.JPG
    IMG_4350.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4360.JPG
    IMG_4360.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4353.JPG
    IMG_4353.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 64

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Per your first photo of your evaporator coil, that indicates a sealed system problem. Normal would be a thin layer of frost on ALL the coils from TOP to BOTTOM.

The sealed system consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, heat exchanger, filter/drier and refrigerant.

Common problems with a sealed system are bad compressors, refrigerant leaks, and system restrictions.

Sealed system repair costs will often exceed the machines value.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Jake