• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RF4287HARS not cooling.

evia

Model Number
RF4287HARS
Brand
Samsung
Been trying to find a solution to my problem, Thanks to this website and youtube I have found (i believe) what is not wrong with it.

a month ago we had a power outage and when it came back on I received an 1E error which when I quickly read online meant that power was interrupted and needed to reset panel.
but over time we realized the freezer stopped working. I tried power cycling and got the error code again and I learned for my model it was freezer sensor error. And when I checked (my temp set at -20C) it reads -35C. Temp in fridge seems correct. So for all tips I have seen this is what I have checked.

1) cleaned coils which were a bit dirty
2) removed sensor from freezer and checked resistance at room temperature and inside my chest freezer. Which seem to correlate with resistance chart for my sensor.
evaporator coils not frozen.
3) checked conductivity across my compressor and it looks alright.
4) set fridge to FF and compressor seems to kick with fans moving. ( I did not try to see if actually cooled fridge as my freezer door was removed, will try again tonight)
5) trying to check resistance at the plug of the board but not getting anything at the pins for any sensor but probably not doing it properly.

I am assuming it's PCB but not sure. If I am missing anything let me know it would be much appreciated.

Eric

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Eric, if the freezer sensor is good, then all it can be is the control board PCB.

Check to see if you have any numbers after the final "S" in your model number.

Model RF4287HARS/XAA-0000 uses this main PCB:
DA41-00684A Assy Pcb Main

Models RF4287HARS/XAA-0001 and RF4287HARS/XAA-0002 and RF4287HARS/XAA-0003 use this main PCB:
DA92-00233D

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.