• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RF4287HARS/XAA - Freezer Not Cooling Properly

JeffW99

Premium Member
Model Number
RF4287HARS
Brand
Samsung
I have a Samsung RF4287HARS/XAA refrigerator that the bottom freezer is not cooling down to temp. The refrigerator compartment and middle drawer are keeping temperature properly but the freezer is only getting down around 35* while being set at 0. Any help on getting this one back to life would be appreciated!

Jeff

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check for any frost build up on the evaporator cover. Check if the evaporator fan is working.

JeffW99

Premium Member
Fans are working and no frost building up on the outside of the cover. I'm going to pull the cover off tomorrow to check for a good frost pattern. I did an ohm test on the compressor and those numbers came back okay, so I don't think it's failing...although it could be I guess.

If not, I'm assuming I'll need to have someone out to hook up their gages and see if we have a leak and go from there...is that the correct path or should I check a few other things out before doing so?

JeffW99

Premium Member
Sorry for the delayed update on this one. The frost pattern only was on the top third of the unit which means there was a leak somewhere in the system. I hate to do it, but this one is going to get parted out. Thanks for the help!