• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Refrigerator RF4287HARS/XAA no ice - just replaced freezer evaporator fan motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccastle13

Premium Member
Model Number
RF4287HARS/XAA
Brand
Samsung
I just replaced the fan motor in the freezer, the freezer and fridge are getting cold and staying cold. We don't use ice often, but when we went to get ice, we found it was all water (I did not empty the tray before replacing the evaporator fan, I am sure what we had melted, what was remaining, we dumped. Anyway, at this point, the ice maker is not making more ice. I am not sure if I am just not being patient enough or what, I have found that water is in the bottom of the ice tray, as if the maker is dumping the water unfrozen into the tray. So it seems the water is getting up there, but its not cold enough to freeze. Not sure why the ice maker would dump the water.

If anyone has any idea's that would be great...

I did not seem to have any issues when I replaced the freezer fan, and again everything else seems to be working, pretty sure if I screwed that up the freezer would not be getting cold. Its sitting at -9 degrees F right now.

ccastle13

Premium Member
Its been more than 24 hours already.
Additionally I turned on the ice lock then turned it off, and held down the reset switch on the side of the ice maker. Waited a full night since doing that, no ice what so ever. You think I should just wait longer?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
No, when you hold the reset switch, doesn't that start a harvest cycle? Is there any ice in the ice maker?

ccastle13

Premium Member
No, when you hold the reset switch, doesn't that start a harvest cycle? Is there any ice in the ice maker?
No ice - even 24 hour after holding reset cycle.
I have a feeling, I didnt properly seal the cover plate on the back of the freezer, so the fan is cooling the freezer but not getting the freezer air up to the ice maker. Does that make sense?
It seems the ice maker is working just water isnt freezing.

ccastle13

Premium Member
I resolved it. I took freezer back panel apart again. I think when installing it, or when taking it apart first time, I didnt realize but the plastic piece that covers the opening that sends cold air up to ice maker cracked. I fixed that, and rebuilt it with replacement foam, and problem solved. Ice maker working great again. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.