• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung refrigerator RH22H9010SR/A Water Not Filling Ice Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlau76

Premium Member
Model Number
RH22H9010SR/A
Brand
Samsung
Hi All,

New to these boards and been reading up on different threads on my issue.

My ice maker is not filling up with water and there's a high chance it is caused by the water inlet valve / water solenoid valve (I think they're the same thing - please correct me if I am wrong).

I am trying to locate the water inlet valve / water solenoid valve on my model, however, I cannot find it. I've opened up all the rear panels and I do not see anything. Can someone please point me into the right direction as to the location of it? Any help would be appreciated.

NOTE: I've determined that it was the inlet valve/water solenoid valve by testing the ice maker fill tube (to see if it's clogged) located at the bottom front of the fridge. If there is something else I should be testing, please let me know.

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

jlau76

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the quick reply.

If the inlet valve is integrated into the water filter casing, would I be able to test the inlet valves with a multi meter? Or is it not accessible?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

rev29k

Premium Member
Hello,
I came across this thread and I am having the exact same problem. I believe it might be the water inlet valve, and I want to remove it and take a meter to it to test it. However I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to remove the water filter assembly. How in the heck do you do it? I remove both screws and the tab on the bottom, however at the back, where everything connects, there doesn't seem to be any slack in the water or electrical lines to be able to disconnect them. I get like an inch, maybe two of play, not nearly enough to even get a hand or even a couple fingers in there to disconnect things.

Does anyone have any idea how to actually go about getting things disconnected?

Thanks!
Sean

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Sean,

There is a video that came out after this thread was made that shows you how to remove and replace it. Only one difference I see is yours has the water inlet valve in the filter housing and the one in the video doesn't. So one additional step for yours is to also disconnect the wire connector to the water inlet valve inside that filter housing.

Here's the video made in 2019:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Last edited:

rev29k

Premium Member
This is somewhat helpful. Thanks Jake. But all of my lines are at the rear of the unit, and I feel like I can't pull them any further forward. I don't have any idea where the lines go from where they go into the rear of the fridge compartment, or how much slack I really have. Is it really that similar of a setup? Obviously all of the lines are originating from behind that hole in the back of the fridge, since they all need to come into the fridge to connect to the valve. Any idea how much slack, or how to GET more slack right there?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
In the video he disconnects those lines, then those lines will pull out with that dispenser housing. I have not changed this part on a Samsung refrigerator, so I'm going by the video as well.

Jake

rev29k

Premium Member
So, I pulled the part and although the valve terminals were all wired to a single plug, I tested both sets of terminals in the one plug and both were at .400 ohms, so they tested fine. I did have a guy come out and he immediately said it was the icemaker, as it has a board in it that tells the valve when to open. It's a long story why I didn't have him install it, but I am going to order this:

and try to replace it my self. I believe it's just a matter of unscrewing and disconnecting the plug, but I haven't been able to find a video to confirm this. Can anyone confirm this as well? I have replaced them on a GE before and it was easy.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I did locate the video:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, let us know how it goes.

Jake

rev29k

Premium Member
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help. The problem did indeed end up being with the ice maker and not the water inlet valve. That tested fine. The above video was very similar to my unit, and it was able to replace it quick and easy. I ran a reset on the new unit and she filled with water! Been making ice ever since. Thanks again (esp. Jake)!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Sean, glad to hear the new ice maker fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.