• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RS261MDBP not dumping ice

PRM

Premium Member
Model Number
RS261MDBP
Brand
Samsung
I read some other threads on my model but trying to get a bit more info. It's not dumping the frozen ice. I've power reset the fridge/freezer. Did the trouble shooting of holding down the lighting and energy saver buttons together and the top right led bar lit. Have not been able to re-create that test.

Also tried to reset the ice maker a few times and see if it moves. Once I got a chime while holding the ice marker reset button. Several other times the ice maker did not chime. I have not seen any movement of the ice maker. Checked the pcb in the back and do not see anything burnt up.

Any ideas on how to isolate the issue to the either the ice maker or the control board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech data sheet below, page 2 is the ice maker troubleshooting page.

Page 3 is the main control board pinouts--->CN 90 I/M

If the voltage is good there, then the problem is the ice maker.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
Ice Maker Assembly DA97-08059A

Jake

Attachments

• RS261MD Fast Track R3.pdf
    621.8 KB · Views: 68

PRM

Premium Member
Jake, Thanks for the info. After I posted yesterday I was looking at it again. Checking the full bin arm and eject motor. Then I hit the ice maker with my palm by the eject motor and it started turning and dumped the ice. It's still making ice this morning. Have you ever found the eject motor for sale or it's all or nothing on replacing the whole ice maker?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Have you ever found the eject motor for sale or it's all or nothing on replacing the whole ice maker?
No, never found a eject motor for sale, its all or nothing.

Its best to just order and replace the whole ice maker.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.