• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RS265TDRS - Need help with ice dispenser auger motor that won’t stop spinning!

Kimfromcolorado

Premium Member
Model Number
RS265TDRS
Brand
Samsung
Hi! I’m desperate for any ideas as to what is wrong with my ice dispenser. I got ice one day and the motor that triggers the dispenser never stopped spinning! I’ve had two appliance techs out and neither fixed it. The last said I needed to order an entire new auger motor/ice maker assembly. So I just got the new part and once connected this auger motor started spinning constantly as well! So I know it must be something in the freezer or connection on the freezer side. Any ideas where to find the source of the problem or fix it? It’s a Samsung RS265TDRS.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check the ice dispenser switch in the dispenser for continuity. It's probably just stuck. Try pushing the lever a few times. If you put your ear down by the lever you can hear the microswitch "click". If you don't hear the click, replace the switch. There's two switches so listen for the ice switch
samsung-switch-micro-125-3405-001117-ap5962465_01_l.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check it first before you order one. Otherwise you're just replacing parts hoping one will fix it. That way gets expensive fast.