• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Refrigerator RS27T5200SR service manual, Samsung water filter still will not dispense water, with filter removed water flows

DjFrobo

Premium Member
Model Number
RS27T5200SR
Brand
Samsung
I have never worked on a Samsung fridge so I am in need of a service manual. Customer says the ice maker is "jammed up" and not dispensing ice. I am hoping this is just a typical condensation issue. The second problem is the water filter. They replaced the filter with a 3rd party unit but it did not dispense water, so they got the Samsung filter but it still will not dispense water. If she removes the filter, water will flow. I have a couple days before the service call and haven't seen the unit in person.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I couldn't locate the service manual for this model.

Unusually with the water filter removed and it flows good, and with the water filter in place and no water flow, its the water filter housing that's the cause: Assy Case Filter RS5300T 110V Fs DA97-20677A

DjFrobo

Premium Member
That's what I was thinking as well. I know with the GE models, if you use the cheaper brand filters, they break the spring valve.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I know with the GE models, if you use the cheaper brand filters, they break the spring valve.
True, in fact now on the brand new GE models they use RFID water filters. LOL

Look here:

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.