• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung RF263BEAESR fridge freezing water system, freezer not freezing

Mtbxdrew

Premium Member
Model Number
RF263BEAESR
Brand
Samsung
Been having some trouble with my Samsung, all seems to have started when the ice maker quit on it, called Samsung and they warrantied the ice maker, explained to the tech I had other issues and he left anyway saying he was only dispatched for the ice maker, the fridge temp will get so low that it freezes the water system up for the ice maker.

I’ve removed the twin cooling panel and the lines at the top of the evap are frosted over, no ice build up in the fan and have verified the fan works, I’ve tried multiple times to thaw the water system but after 24 hours it refreezes, temp is set at 37.

When I unplug the fridge and reset the display will read in the 20s most times for the fridge and 36-40 for the freezer, freezer will not freeze down anymore, if I take the panel off the freezer and melt the frost off both evaps the unit will work for a period of time, no codes present and the LED on the back is lit solid, any help would be greatly appreciated

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
freezer will not freeze down anymore,
Can you take a photo of the freezer evaporator coil and upload it here please, we need to see the frost pattern on it. Normal would be a thin layer of frost on all the coils from TOP to BOTTOM.

Look at the BOTTOM photo below.

Frost Patterns.jpg

Jake