Samsung RF266ABPN fridge drain pipe not clogged but water pooled under deli tray

sapote

Premium Member
Model Number
RF266ABPN
Brand
Samsung
I am aware of the famous fridge drain pipe iced up or clogged up, had replaced the defrost temp sensor and added the longer heated drain clip. Everything seem to work fine -- no ice buildup on the top evaporating coil -- but still find half a cup of water under the deli tray everyday even though the drain tube is not clogged or iced up. The water seems to come from the center located small rectangular cold vent opening at the back of the said tray. How does the cold air get to this vent opening -- from the bottom freezer? I don't see any ducting connection from this deli vent opening to the top evaporating panel of the fridge. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

sapote

Premium Member
Thank you Jake for the linked manual. On page 18 the drawing seems to show the deli tray air vent came from the duct in the rear wall which got the cold air from the top evap section. However if I remember the top evap cover carries all of the 6-vent outports and there is no other output that connected to the deli duct as shown. I will pull the evap cover again to double look.

I had read that sensor re-locating service bulletin before and I did relocated the new sensor to the EX pipe, but I wondered what was the reason for moving from IN pipe to EX pipe -- for closer to the ice built up on the evap coil?

Re to the deli water pooling, actually it was about 2 tablespoons per day, not 1/2 a cup as I wrote. I come to think it could be the top evap cover's bottom lip was not seated over the draining step -- the horizontal step with a dip that collected the defrosted water into the drain pipe. When the evap coil ice melted during defrosting, the water dropped down and they must be splashing onto the cover inside wall, and so if the wall bottom lip is not seated above the drain step then maybe the water dripped down the deli back wall and pooled.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I had read that sensor re-locating service bulletin before and I did relocated the new sensor to the EX pipe, but I wondered what was the reason for moving from IN pipe to EX pipe -- for closer to the ice built up on the evap coil?
Yes Brian.

Re to the deli water pooling, actually it was about 2 tablespoons per day, not 1/2 a cup as I wrote. I come to think it could be the top evap cover's bottom lip was not seated over the draining step -- the horizontal step with a dip that collected the defrosted water into the drain pipe. When the evap coil ice melted during defrosting, the water dropped down and they must be splashing onto the cover inside wall, and so if the wall bottom lip is not seated above the drain step then maybe the water dripped down the deli back wall and pooled.
That sounds like where the problem may be. Fingers Crossed.:)

Jake