• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SAMSUNG RF26XAERS-XAA Refrigerator changes temp by its self

cowrider

Premium Member
Model Number
RF26XAER
Brand
Samsung
Last night we heard a chiming in the kitchen. The refrigerator had the temp display up and the refrigerator temperature was changing. The freezer temp didn't change . It would stop at a temp and the display would return to normal. Then after a bit it would do it again. I could change the temps as well as normal but then after a while it would change its self again. I had unplugged the ref a couple of times for over 1/2 hour but the problem returns. Now it does it more frequently and I can not change the temp. The Power Cool now cycles for the ref as well. I would guess that the problem is the control panel and have ordered on but it is on back order. Has anyone had this problem? I have done a search but don't find an answer.

thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I would guess that the problem is the control panel
The problem is most likely to be the main board behind the machine. Try this; Simultaneously press and hold the Energy Saver and Lighting buttons until the display blinks. A number in the freezer temperature display and the letter E in the fresh food temp display indicates an error code.
If there are no errors, or if the UI is unresponsive, take the following voltage measurements on the main board. Locate the CN50 connector and check for 12V across pins 3-5 and 5V across pins 4-6.

Unfortunately the main board has been discontinued:
samsung-assy-pcb-main-da41-00651u-ap4929077_01_l.jpg

cowrider

Premium Member
Today things are back to normal, no beeping or temp changes. I didn't do anything to it, just started working correctly.

Thanks for the reply and where to test Rick. If or when the problem comes back I will try the test points. Thanks