• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung RFG237AABP Freezer Drawer Won't Open Fully

willtv

Premium Member
Model Number
RFG237AABP
Brand
Samsung
I have a Samsung RFG237AABP counter depth french door fridge. It works great, but I recently discovered that the freezer drawer doesn't open all the way. The units at the appliance store open to about 12", But mine only opens to about 7". I can't see anything, other than poor design preventing it form opening further. Did Samsung, at some point, issue new and longer tracks for the freezer drawer?
Thanks.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I recently discovered that the freezer drawer doesn't open all the way.
The inner rail will pull out as far as the stop allows it. Did this just start happening? Look and see if anything is caught in the rails like a piece of plastic or ice.

willtv

Premium Member
Thanks for the swift reply.
It's always been this way. I noticed, just recently, that the units in the appliance stores open more.
My unit is almost 5 years old so I thought that, maybe, Samsung changed the tracks so that they would slide out further.
I also noticed that it's real tight if I try to remove the upper tray in the freezer.
I'll try emptying the freezer entirely over the weekend to inspect more closely.

ghs

Hi, I have the same problem. I have even taken the rails out and there seems to be a deliberate white plastic blocking piece that prevents the rails from fully extending. Were you able to get an answer?