• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung RFG297AARS/XAA RevL-1 Fridge not cooling

simyson01

Premium Member
Model Number
RFG297AARS/XAA
Brand
Samsung
My Samsung RFG297AARS/XAA RevL-1 Fridge was freezing our food as the temp in the fridge was 20 degrees. I measured the resistance of the 3 sensors and all were within range, but went ahead and installed a new deli drawer and fridge sensor and the fridge stopped working completely. My freezer is spot on per the selected temp, but now the fridge compartment is doing nothing. I put the original sensors back in and still nothing. The damper appears to be functioning because it opens when the doors are closed and closes when they open. What should I try next? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I helped another person with this similar issue here:
Do what I mentioned in post #2.

Jake

simyson01

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I left the fridge for a few days and it has started cooling in the fridge again. It is set for 38 but the actual temp inside is 36 at the moment. I will watch and see if it will maintain a consistent temp. Should I still follow page 93 of the service manual or do you recommend something else.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Should I still follow page 93 of the service manual or do you recommend something else.
No, not unless the compressor does not come on.
Look on Page 93 where it says: 4-2-18. If compressor does not operate There is a flowchart that will walk you through the testing procedure to do.

Jake

simyson01

Premium Member
So I have been watching the temps and they range anywhere from 30-40 degrees. Is that normal? It's not freezing my food and 40 isn't much higher than 38 so I guess this is doable but if it should be more consistent I would like to figure out how to get it functioning properly. Any advice is appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Seems like the the control board is malfunctioning not doing what the sensor tells it to do per keeping a stable temp.

Here's the main control board for your model:
DA41-00538A Pba Main

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.