• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung RS265TDRS Side-By-Side ice maker not releasing ice

Trvs_grhm

Model Number
RS265TDRS
Brand
Samsung
Hello all, I've been scratching my head over this problem since I got the fridge set up. The ice maker dispenses water into the tray and freezes it, but will not push the ice out of the tray. After the ice is frozen, the fingers that push it out rotate until they touch the ice, and then they just stop. In order to get them to push the ice out, I have to manually heat the ice tray with a hair dryer until the ice is melted enough to separate from the tray.

I'm not sure if the ice is too frozen, and getting stuck, or if the motor that rotates the fingers is not strong enough to push the ice out. My freezer temp is set at 0°F. I have talked to samsung customer support, and they want to send a technician out, but because I am not the original owner of the fridge they will not send out a tech without an original store receipt with purchase date. Which I do not have.

I would just like to know if there is an easy fix, or if there is a part that I can replace to fix the issue. Thank you for reading. Hopefully someone can help me out. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Manufacture date is March 2012.