• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung RS265TDRS/XAA-02 PC ER - with working freezer and fridge?

RS265TDRS

Premium Member
Model Number
RS265TDRS/XAA
Brand
Samsung
(model Samsung RS265TDRS/XAA-02)
Hello. I am getting the PC ER notice but my refrigerator and freezer seem to be working fine. (manual thermometers - zero degrees in the freezer and about 15 to 20 in the fridge)
I have checked the upper left door connections, turned the unit on and off, circuit breaker on and off, and also checked the boards. (both solid red lights) I cannot seem to find what is 'wrong' with it. No matter what I try the PC ER won't budge or go away.
Possible new control panel?
Internet searches for this exact situation elude me.
Thank you.
PS: Water line never hooked upped to it.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If there is no communication for 10 seconds after request between the control panel and the main board, the display will flash Pc Er until the communication error is corrected. The refrigerator will continue to operate normally. A flashing Pc Er can be caused by a communication circuit failure on the main board and/or the control panel board, or a loose connection.

RS265TDRS

Premium Member
Thank you for the reply. So it could be one of three things: Controller board, main board, or a loose wire I cannot see as of yet. New info... My wife said she was wiping down the fridge door at the time the error showed up.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Did water get into the display board? Normally that wouldn't cause it. It's probably the main board only because Samsung and LG are notorious for having bad main boards. If it's a bad connection, disconnect and then reconnect all the wires and connectors on the boards.

RS265TDRS

Premium Member
My wife said she was just wiping it down. Did not spray anything. I disconnected all of the wires and still get the pc er code. I may just order a new board and see if that works. I hate to dump a working fridge just because of a pc er code. Thank you for your thoughts.