• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung RS265TDRS/XAA Fridge side will not stay cold.

JAC1934

Model Number
RS265TDRS/XAA
Brand
Samsung
We have a Samsung side by side refrigerator model RS265TDRS/XAATIYRET RR that has had intermittent issues staying cool. We have had a service technician come out at least once a year for the last 5 years, but the issue persists.

We have tried trimming the duck bill drain lines in case of a clog, a new fan, and a new thermistor to no avail. The heater has continuity and just a simple defrost seems to get it back online for another 6 months until the issue starts again. This past weekend a slow drip developed (I suspect a valve or O-ring failed in the water line, not sure on that part yet) at the spout in the freezer side for the ice tray that created an icicle waterfall. Defrosted the unit again only to have the fridge side ice up after running for a while. I bought the back panel for the fridge side at the recommendation of the last tech that came out earlier this year. So with a spare in place, I decided to rip the panel off to see where the build up of ice was at on the coil. I noticed the ice build up on the coils was only at the top. For now we are running cold with the new panel and I am hopeful, but I have my reservations based on past experience since this has been the main issue over the years.

We had to dump about 80 oz of breast milk this past weekend because of this unit. At this point I’m ready to burn the thing down in the backyard to make sure it defrosts properly!

I texted the tech who has been servicing it over the last few years today and he said replacing that panel is what he would have done. But if that doesn't work, there is an aftermarket fix that he would need to research that he also can’t warranty, where you splice in a low voltage heating wrap around the top of the coils, but I haven’t been able to find any info for that yet

Any advice would be appreciated. Photos included of the iced up panel I removed and then replaced with a new one.

Attachments

• IMG_3761.jpg
    IMG_3761.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3762.jpg
    IMG_3762.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3763.jpg
    IMG_3763.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg