• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung side by side fridge RSG257AARS Ice chute door keeps flapping open and closed

maxine

Premium Member
Model Number
RSG257AARS
Brand
Samsung
I have a Samsung Side by Side fridge from 2013, model- RSG257AARS that has been acting up. The ice maker is making ice, but the ice chute door at the bottom of the Clear View ice bucket keeps flapping open and closed which is driven by a motor that is constantly spinning. You can see the wheel spinning when you remove the unit and this happens at irritating once per 3-4 seconds! The button to turn off ice maker will stop the production of ice but will not stop that motor from spinning. I've tried resetting it by turning off the fridge for 10 minutes but it does not work either. Any thoughts on a repair?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Check for a broken wire at the top of the door, underneath the hinge cover.

Another person had a similar issue and that was the cause, look at post #10 here:

Jake

maxine

Premium Member
thanks for the info. Took hinge cover off on top of door and there does not appear to be a broken wire. Any other thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you turn on the CHILD LOCK, does it still do this same thing.?

The only other part that I'm aware of that would cause this problem is the dispenser board, a short in the dispenser board can cause this.

Here's the dispenser board for your model:
DA41-00522A Pba Display-Led Panel

Jake