• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Side By Side RS265TDBP/XAA - No Ice (this is one with the icemaker is mounted to the inside of the freezer door)

Wiz_222

Premium Member
Model Number
RS265TDBP/XAA
Brand
Samsung
Stopped making ice (again). As I've done 4-5 times in the past, took the ice maker apart and heated and dried with a hairdryer. In the past that fixed it but not this time. When I took it apart there was ice in it, but not since I put it back together. It's dry. I can put in a new one but don't want to do is it's actually the water valve or something else. What is the best course of action to diagnose?
Thank You!!!
Paul

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Use a multimeter and take the electrical connector off the water inlet valve that supplies water to the ice maker and put your meter leads in each of the two electrical connectors, and set your meter on AC Volts, then cycle the ice maker and watch your meter for 120 volts.

Heat Release I/M Test Mode
Press and hold the ICE TEST S/W for at least 1.5sec, the harvest function will start. If the ice maker Thermistor is below 0 degrees the Ice maker heater turns on for about 2 minutes.
If the temperature exceeds 0 degrees, Ice maker heater turns on for 30 seconds. After the Ice maker heater turns on for 30 seconds, the heater turns off and then Ice maker harvest motor turns on. The motor will rotate in right direction for about 3 minutes, after this, water supply valve is turned on, then the valve is turned off, the test mode is completed.
If the above operation is not carried out within 6 minutes, it will go into a fault mode.

If you don't get 120 volts on your meter after the ice maker test cycle is complete, then your ice maker is bad.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
DA97-07549B Assy Ice Maker

This ice maker has a 12 pin connector on the harness. For a 10 pin connector use part number DA97-06364B.

Jake

Wiz_222

Premium Member
Use a multimeter and take the electrical connector off the water inlet valve that supplies water to the ice maker and put your meter leads in each of the two electrical connectors, and set your meter on AC Volts, then cycle the ice maker and watch your meter for 120 volts.
  1. Is the water inlet valve on the back of the refrigerator?
  2. Cycle the ice maker using the ICE TEST switch?
In the test mode, will it do this with the door open, or do I have close it?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the water inlet valve is the back of your refrigerator, where your water line supply hooks up to it.

Yes, there should be a ice maker test switch or button on the ice maker or under or on the side of the ice maker, hold it for 1.5 seconds, the door can be open when you do it.

Here's the water inlet valve for this model:
DA97-07827B Assy Valve Water

Jake