• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Top Load Washer WA52J8700AP/AA - PC1 Error

joshie4ever

Premium Member
Model Number
WA52J8700AP
Brand
Samsung
Hi All,
I picked up a Samsung Top Load Washer (WA52J8700AP/AA) to repair and it's showing a PC1 Error Code. From research this refers to the clutch position or hall position sensor. This washer has a hall position sensor (DC31-00098A) and I've replaced it with a new part with no resolution to the issue. I've also replaced the entire transmission, clutch motor, and clutch gear assembly as well but still can not get the error to go away and subsequently the washer to work.

When the washer tries to spin/engage I hear a grinding sound like it's not in gear. I had a tech come out to troubleshoot (he suggested replacing the clutch gears which has been done) and it seems like the clutch motor pushes the clutch level too far but it if is manually stopped before it reaches its finally position then it will engage with the basket.

I've tried to find a service manual online for this washer but I've had no luck. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. I'd appreciate any additional help that I can get to try and resolve this.

Thanks !

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Joshie,

I couldn't locate the service manual for this model either, and without that we are dead in the water.

Hopefully another tech. or member that has seen and fixed this problem will shed some light on it for us.

Jake

joshie4ever

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply Jake. If anyone else can chime in on what may be the issue with this washer I'd appreciate it.

Mikelud

Did you ever get it fixed? I'm having the exact same issue with my samsung washer.

Jpb

Premium Member
We have the same problem. Did you get it fixed and what was the part that was needed? Thank you!