• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Samsung Touchpad Part Number DE34-00045H

JJJMM28

Premium Member
Model Number
MW5592W
Brand
Samsung
Hello. I have a Samsung microwave in need of a touchpad, or at least I believe it does. The unit powers on, the display powers up with some generic statement and pressing the buttons has no effect. The microwave model is MW5592W. The touchpad part number is DE34-00045H, but it's not available according to a few sites. Do any of the more knowledgeable folks know a resource where I might be able to get this part, or if something else might apply? Any inputs and help is appreciated.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

That key panal is coming up as NLA, so shopping time would be in order for a new microwave.
Sorry.

jeff.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Appliance swami - I see happy microwave shopping in your future ;)

jeff.