• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung WA48J7700AW/A2 Top Load Washer Makes Awful Noise at End of Spin Cycle

Tennessee10

Premium Member
Model Number
WA48J7700AW/A2
Brand
Samsung
We purchased our Samsung WA48J7700AW/A2 top load washer about 5.5 years ago. Recently, we started hearing some unusual noises in the middle of the cycle. Today, the washer made an awful noise at the end of the spin cycle. (It was a very light load since I was only washing socks.) After researching the issue, I came across a tip for testing the spin cycle where the screen displays the RPMs. The attached video is from that test, and you can hear the noise when it reaches about 675 RPMs. You can also see that the machine starts shaking a lot more at that point. The basin seems looser than normal and seems to move quite a bit when I push on it with my hand. Any ideas on what the issue may be?

Edited to add:
For some reason, the video won't upload. After I click on 'Attach Files' and select my MP4 video, it shows the progress of the video uploading, but then I get the error message "The uploaded file was not a video as expected." I tried uploading it from my phone as well as saving it to my Google Drive and uploading from there. I also tried uploading it from my Google Drive from a laptop instead of my Android phone, but it still did not work.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I see the video and watched it, I've not heard that sound before on this model, I will ask Rick if he knows.

Jake