• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Washer WF330ANW/XAA pump stops in spin, cycle stops, ND code follows

MikeBeckner

Premium Member
Model Number
WF330ANW/XAA
Brand
Samsung
I have checked the drain pipe, filter, hoses, etc. The pump runs for a while when the drain cycle/spin begins. The pump stops, the spin continues, and then the cycle just freezes. For example, on a 25 minute quick wash, it stops at ten minutes or 11 remaining. It stays there, and then several minutes later throws a ND code. I turn the power off and back on, start a new cycle, and the pump doesn’t start. The door latches, unlatches, and then latches again. If I leave the power off for 10-15 minutes, the pump will run when I start the new cycle. The spin never completes, however.

I do notice that when the pump is running, the electrical hum seems to skip or jump intermittently. It hums, bump, hummmmm, bump bump hummmmmm. (I guess I could record the sound….)

So is this a bad pump? Bad control panel? Other possibilities?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

The pump runs for a while when the drain cycle/spin begins. The pump stops, the spin continues

When the pump stops is it still getting power?

then several minutes later throws a ND code. I turn the power off and back on, start a new cycle, and the pump doesn’t start.

When the pump doesn't start, is it still getting power?

Power to the pump but the drain pump is not running more indicates a bad pump.
No power to the pump but the drain pump is not running more indicates a board or wiring issue.

I do notice that when the pump is running, the electrical hum seems to skip or jump intermittently

Maybe something inside the pump?

If needed:

LINK> Washing machine drain pump motor assembly

jeff sr.

MikeBeckner

Premium Member
How can I check for Power to the pump when it’s running? I guess if I don’t fully reassemble, the run a cycle? But then again, the power lugs on the motor are shielded. Not sure how to get leads of my multimeter in any useful position.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
How can I check for Power to the pump when it’s running?

When the pump or washing machine is running?
We found if we removed power and moved the washer away from the wall the back panel can be removed giving us access to add/push in our meter leads to the wire connections at the drain pump with hopefully disassembling very little.

the power lugs on the motor are shielded. Not sure how to get leads of my multimeter in any useful position.

If appliance service was easy......everybody would be doing it ;)

jeff sr.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.