• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Samsung Washer WF407ANW/XAA - Not finishing final Spin Cycle, clothes soaking wet

Bimmerod

Premium Member
Model Number
WF407ANW/XAA
Brand
Samsung
I have a Samsung Washer WF407ANW/XAA that is not finishing the Spin Cycle, it leaves around 10 minutes left then goes to 8 minutes then back to 10 minutes and then stops/ends. Clothes are obviously soaking wet still since they did not spin.

Service Mode:

I have checked for Error Codes and nothing is in the history.

I tired to perform a "Quick Spin Test" and it only gets to about 200 RPM before just stopping and making the humming sound. Not sure what is supposed to happen during this test but those are the results.

EEPROM Clear Check: Good

Quick Test Mode:

Signal Key activates the drain pump and drains the remaining water from the machine. So it appears the drain pump is working correctly.

Not sure what else I can try???

PS- Not sure why the instructions for the Quick Test Mode tell you to "Press Spin, Soil Level and Power simultaneously, when the correct sequence is Soil Level, Signal and Power simultaneously.

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its possibly the rotor, stator, or RPS(hall sensor), or even a shorted or frayed wire in the wire harness to those parts. I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below. Also check for cracks in the rotor and stator.

Here's the rotor, stator, or RPS(hall sensor) assembly for your model:
DC96-01218E Assy Dd Bldc

Jake

Attachments

• WF407 Fast track R5.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 44

Bimmerod

Premium Member
Hey Jake,

Thanks for the prompt response. I see the troubleshooting for the Motor and Hall Sensor but I don't see anything for the Stator. Let me know if there is anyway i can check that?

What components does that Assembly Motor encompass of the part you listed above?

Just trying to come up with a game plan to tackle this.

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's all the tech. data information I could locate for your model.

What components does that Assembly Motor encompass of the part you listed above?
It comes with the Rotor, Stator, and RPS(hall sensor).

Jake

Bimmerod

Premium Member
Hey Jake,

Is that the best pricing you are able to offer on the Motor?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We only recommend ordering parts from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic.

Both sites have a 365 day warranty on ALL parts.:)

That's where I get all my parts from when I do my local service calls in my area, they are very reliable and trusted.

Jake

Bimmerod

Premium Member
Hey Jake,

I ordered the part# you supplied above and went to install things today. Unfortunately the part# you gave me is NOT the correct one for my washer. I'm not sure what that one is for but the Rotor center hub is totally different. Now I have to pay to shipping these back :-(

It looks like I need Part# DC31-00074C which for some reason doesn't seem to be sold as a kit and I need to buy each piece separately.

Even all the reviews on the page say the part number is not accurate and does NOT fit the WF407ANW/XAA

I really feel like I need to test some parts before just throwing the motor at the problem. There has to be some way to confirm that the Stator/Rotor are actually bad and to rule out anything else that could be causing the not wanting to Spin issue.

Please advise

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange about the parts not matching up on yours.

Here's another thread with your exact same model number and I posted the exact same part in post #3 and they never mentioned it was the wrong part:

That tech. data sheet I posted above is all I could locate, I can't locate the actual service manual for this model to give you more information on testing those parts.

Jake

Last edited:

Bimmerod

Premium Member
Hey Jake,

I finally got the correct parts and installed them. I installed both the motor assy AND PCB motherboard thing.

Neither of which have resolved my issue. The washer still refuses to perform a "Spin Test". It goes up to about 200 RPM then goes back to 0.

When doing a cycle it gets to the last step, which is the spin cycle to get the remaining water out of the clothes and it starts around 12-13 minutes and then goes down to 7-8 minutes then back to 11 minutes. It does this for about 20 minutes then just ENDS, even though there was still time left on the cycle.

It doesn't make any sense, I figured it would be the motor assy or the PCB causing this as it would appear it's something electronic.

Are there any other components that will effect the Spin Cycle? Why am I not able to perform a "Spin Cycle" test? What would be the root cause of this if the motor and PCB don't have ANY affect on this issue?

Thanks in advance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, I don't know what else could be causing this problem.

Its best to contact Samsung to have a tech. come out to see what's going on.

Jake