• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung Washer WF520ABW E3E error code won't spin

slok

Premium Member
Model Number
WF520ABW
Brand
Samsung
Ran a load in my washer and it stoped with the message that the load was unbalanced. I took some stuff out and started it only to walk away and come back later and it was stuck at the same time countdown. I tried running it again and finally noticed that it would not spin counter clockwise and was stuck on the current cycle. From some research I assumed it was something with the spider arm. I replaced the spider arm, which ended up looking fine, and the tub bearings but the issue still persist. I started the washer in test mode and tried to do a spin. It does seem to spin clockwise but then gives a e3e error when the counter clockwise spin starts. I've posted a video here:

From what I've read it looks like it could be one of several different parts that is causing the e3e issue. Before I spend any additional money can anyone tell from the video what the actual issue might be? Also, when I run just a spin cycle with nothing in the tub it just does a little jerk here and there and the time never decreases.

Thanks in advance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Here's the stator for your model, in case others need it too:
Stator Motor Assembly DC31-00074C

It looks like the hall sensor comes with the stator, is that how you got it?

What revision number do you show on your model number?

WF520ABW/XAA-01
WF520ABW/XAA-02
WF520ABW/XAA-03
WF520ABW/XAA-04
WF520ABW/XAA-05
WF520ABW/XAA-06

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it! Thanks!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.