• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Samsung WF395BTPAWR/A1 Washer creaking during spin cycle

MattZ

Premium Member
Model Number
WF395BTPAWR
Brand
Samsung
Samsung front loader starting making this creaking noise during spin cycle recently (see video)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GKWNCg9c8tBj6nTX6

The machine seems to operate fine despite the noise. No error codes and the cycle finishes in a normal amount of time.

it seems to happen most prominently during the medium spin speed and actually goes away during higher speeds. The sound does not appear to be coming from the suspension springs. shock absorber or am I way off base?

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Matt,

WF395BTPA is just a partial model number, we need the complete model number. The model number tag is located inside the door.

Sounds like the shocks are giving out. When did this noise start happening? Just the last few days?

Jake

MattZ

Premium Member
Thanks Jake,
Full model is WF395BTPAWR/A1

Quite frankly, it's probably been like this for a month or so now

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Matt!

I'd first physically examine the shocks.

The shocks do not have a lot of resistance on them. They should move fairly easy on the unit, but should not be very loose. They shouldn't be bottoming out or leaking any oil.

Here's the shocks for your model you can order if needed(Each sold separate):
Shock Absorber DC66-00470A

Video included in part link.

Jake

MattZ

Premium Member
Could use an expert's advice here....
I'm in the process of replacing the rear shocks. I was able to get 1 installed with some difficulty. For the other, I have the new shock in place and the bottom bolt loosely fastened. I can get the top bolt through the bracket and bushing but can't get the threads to catch on the back side. Looks like there's a threaded metal insert but it must be off by a mm or so. I had similar difficulty on the other side, but got it after probably 15 minutes or so. I think I'm going on about 2 hours with no luck on the right side. About to throw in the towel and get a new top loader

MattZ

Premium Member
upon further review, the bolt isn't making it to the insert. The barrel of the bolt is getting hung up on the plastic part of the bracket. Gotta figure a way to file/shave the hole I guess.

IMG_20200830_123243176.jpg IMG_20200830_125710921.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Matt, You got these shocks at RepairClinic? You watched the video right?

You shouldn't need to file/shave the hole.

Jake

MattZ

Premium Member
It all worked out in the end. The install issue had nothing to do with the shock itself. I couldn't even get the original bolt through the back hole with the shock removed. The tub polymer was somehow deformed, probably from all the erratic movement of the tub over the last month or so. A little filing of the hole and it went back together. I probably spent 4 hours on the right shock alone when it should've been a ten minute job, but I won in the end.

Ran a few loads and the creaking is mostly resolved. There's still a little that appears to be coming from one of the top spring mounts, but it's much better for now. Thanks for the quick replies and help, Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Matt, good job.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake