SAMSUNG WF455ARGSGR te error code

karyuudo

Premium Member
Model Number
WF455ARGSGR
Brand
Samsung
Hey guys,

I've been dealing with an issue on my SAMSUNG WF455ARGSGR washing machine that when it gets to the last 10 mins of a wash cycle, more often than not, it will throw a te code. The only way I've been able to work around this is my powering off the unit, then powering it back on, followed by holding in the spin cycle button for 3 secs and then let it drain several times repeating these steps, which result in the unit sort of completing the last cycle.

One thing I noticed when it's throwing te code, is there's a lot of water in the bed of the washer. We're also not overloading the unit either with clothes - sometimes I've only got 2 sweaters in there, and it'll throw this.

As far as troubleshooting, I've checked all the wires and I've replaced the thermal sensor, but this issue still remains.

It seems that this te code is quite common and I'm hoping someone has an idea on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

WF455ARGSGR
Missing some digits.
I found...
WF455ARGSGR/A2-00 WF455ARGSGR/AA-00 WF455ARGSGR/AA-01

jeff.

karyuudo

Premium Member
Here's what's written around the door of the unit.
Model: WF455ARGSGR/AA
Serial: Y7835AED500552Z

jeff1

Staff member
WF455ARGSGR/AA
At least that only leaves us with version 0 and version 1.
WF455ARGSGR/AA-00 WF455ARGSGR/AA-01

I found tE
Condition: Water temperature is too high or too low

Check/Repair: Use the diagnostic test mode to determine what water temperature the electronic control board measures. If the actual water temperature is significantly different, replace the the temperature sensor (also called the thermistor).

Hint: Also check the wiring going to and from the sensor. It is also possible the thermistor circuit inside the board is bad.

Thermistor-DC90-10128N-01545187.jpg Water temp thermistor

jeff.

karyuudo

Premium Member
Hi jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I've already replaced the thermistor sensor and checked the wiring going to the board. Visually the board looks fine with no signs of water damage.

jeff1

Staff member
I've already replaced the thermistor sensor and checked the wiring going to the board.
The sensor ohmed the same all the way back to the board?
If yes, I'd try the board for sure as a good next step.

Main-Control-Board-DC92-01040B--01912712.jpg Main power control board

jeff.

karyuudo

Premium Member
Thanks jeff for your reply. Out of curiosity, have you seen the replacement of this board as the usual solution to the "te" code issue? I'm wondering what the cause is for these boards to go faulty.

Thanks!

jeff1

Staff member
have you seen the replacement of this board as the usual solution to the "te" code
Once a couple of times....most times the thermistor or wiring to/from the thermistor where bad.

jeff.

karyuudo

Premium Member
Hi jeff, do you have a direct link to where I can purchase the wiring for the thermistor? I'd like to try replacing that first before the control board. Thank you!

jeff1

Staff member
We have not ordered any. We usually just bypass a male-female connector with marr connects when needed and check the wirs for any damage and replace that piece with something we have salvaged for reuse.

jeff.