• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Sanyo SR-W4500(M) Wine Cooler - Starter Relay / Overload Protector Replacement

Tobias

Premium Member
Model Number
SR-4500
Brand
-major brand-
Hi there, I can't seem to find replacement overload protector B85-105 online...is there an equivalent I can use?

Tobias

Premium Member
Nothing comes up with that number. How many hp is the compressor?
Hi there, I took the attached picture...and did a google search...is it 1/10 HP?

Attachments

• compressor.jpg
    compressor.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 35

Tobias

Premium Member
Great, how I am a gonna wire that up pls? Attached is what the original situation looked like

Attachments

• 84802B38-7D9E-4755-9E00-83C38EF5CC9A.jpeg
    84802B38-7D9E-4755-9E00-83C38EF5CC9A.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 32

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Both are easy to install and come with instructions. I'll give you some easy to follow steps for both. I'll start with the overload. Remove the relay from the bottom two pins on the compressor. Leave the wire connected. Take the overload wire off the top (common) pin on the compressor and push the replacement overload on the common pin. Push the relay (with the wire still connected) back on the lower two pins. Take the wire off the old overload terminal and push it on the new overload wire terminal.
102.jpg
103.jpg

For the solid state relay/overload:
The solid state device has 5 wires, two black wires on one end and a black red, and white wire on the other end. Take the wire off the old overload and take the wire off the relay. Cut the ends off the wire and strip the wires back about 1/2". Connect the wires to the two black wires on one end of the solid state device with the wire nuts supplied. The pins on the compressor are in a triangle configuration. Push the black wire on the top pin (common). Push the white wire on the bottom left pin (start) and the red wire on the lower right pin.
COMP.jpg

Tobias

Premium Member
Hey, I finally installed it but it’s not working…I hear the click when it starts and the compressor humming a bit bit no cooling…think I can switch the red and the white see if that makes a difference?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The compressor is running but there's no cooling is a bad compressor. If the wires are connected correctly don't change them around.