• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED SCB2001KSS02 Advantium 240 with broken door hinge spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp_buyitol

Premium Member
I understand this is a 2019 post but there is not much info out there on door hinges for these ovens so if anyone else finds themselves landing here in search of a replacement door spring for a GE Advantium 240 oven (my particular model is a SCB2001KSS02), I too have ordered some custom replacement springs both left and right hand and should have a few spares to sell around the first of April 2020 if you are in need. This should keep you from having to search out a supplier and buy more than you need. I will repost after installation and confirmation that the custom springs did in fact solve the problem with the broken and now discontinued spring assembly. Thx.

jp_buyitol

Premium Member
Update to my post above. The replacement springs arrived today and problem solved. I don't think they are quite as stiff as the originals but definitely better than trying to operate the oven with a broken spring. If anyone comes across this and needs either side, I have several extra of each I will ship to you anywhere in lower 48 for $50 ea.

Status
Not open for further replies.