• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SCB2001KSS02 GE Wall Oven - No Power

DM22

Premium Member
Model Number
SCB2001KSS02
Brand
GE
Hello,
I have a GE Profile Advantium SCB2001KSS02 wall oven installed in a house I purchased last year. The house was built in 2005 and the wall oven is original. The oven stopped powering on about a month ago when my wife ran it and it shut down immediately. It smelled a bit like burned circuitry afterward.
I am by no means a fix-it type of person but I have done some research and replaced some parts in an attempt to not have to spend 2K+ to replace the unit. Originally I replaced the thermal fuse (WB21X10046) myself and the unit still did not power on. My wife grew tired of it not working so I called an appliance repair company in my area. They came out, identified that the unit would not power on and for a cost of $139.99 recommended the PCB Control board be replaced (WB27X10397) so troubleshooting could continue. I ordered the part and replaced myself. The oven still does not power on. I figured I’d reach out to see if there were any additional thoughts on the issue as I think I am running out of options. I could bring the repairman back but don’t want to continually pay for service calls especially if I’m just going to replace the oven. Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated! -Dave

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Le's start here:
for a cost of $139.99 recommended the PCB Control board be replaced (WB27X10397)
He obviously misdiagnosed it so they owe you $139.99. That is, unless you looked up the wrong part. The part you probably need is WB27X10392 relay board. You can check it with a DMM. Check for 120 VAC across the yellow and white wire, the blue and white wire, and pins 1 and 2 of the eight pin connector. Unfortunately the part has been discontinued and is no longer available.
ge-pcb-relay-asm-wb27x10392-ap2631560_01_m.jpg

DM22

Premium Member
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the quick, informative reply. I found the correct part you referenced through a reputable eBay seller for $50. I'm going to make this last attempt at repairing before replacing the unit. Will follow up with the results when complete.
-Dave

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The part you probably need is WB27X10392 relay board.
"Probably" Don't buy it without checking it first. We have seen many many problems with parts from eBay and Amazon.