• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SCE30600B Jenn-Air parts interchangeability question

DanBMT

Premium Member
Model Number
SCE30600B
Brand
Jenn-Air
Hello,
I'm hoping a Jenn-Air expert can help me out here. I have an SCE30600B range that recently had a pot of hard boiled eggs boil over on it. Not the range's fault, completely my own. The stovetop controls and burners are still working just fine, but the digital display and touchpad, and therefore the oven itself, are kaput. The unit is throwing which turned out to be an F7 code.
I'm deeply suspect of the touchpad/control panel itself now. The part number for mine is WP71002233, which I can't seem to locate one new or used. I have located a WP71002033 but am not sure if it will work on my range. It looks identical but I'm hoping someone here can tell me if it will interchange with my unit or not. Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, WP71002033 is not compatible with model SCE30600B.

Jake

DanBMT

Premium Member
Damn. Ok thank you Jake. Not sure what to do now....its a bit of a custom installation and i can't seemto find a replacement that will fit.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You may need a general contractor to install a new one for you. There should be plenty of general contractors in Billings, Montana.:)

Jake

DanBMT

Premium Member
There are many, but cost and availability are the issues I'm grappling with. Still scouring the net for a used or NOS part that will work. Do you know why the 71002033 is incompatible with my SCE30600B? It looks identical, all the buttons in all the right places. Thanks for your help Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No I don't no why its incompatible, it just tells me that its incompatible on all the parts websites.:)

Jake

DanBMT

Premium Member
Jake, if you are still out there watching this thread, knowing what I have said so far would you agree with my assessment that the touchpad is bad, or do you think it might be another component such as the relay board? When i installed a known-to-be-good digital display the lights did come back and it was partially responsive to touchpad inputs but kept defaulting back to the F7 code.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the F7 code is the touchpad is bad.

Wait, you already ordered that incompatible one and tried to install it? And that's what is happening now?

If so, that's why its incompatible.:)

Jake

DanBMT

Premium Member
No i ordered a new digital display, part WP71001799 i think? Mine is bad for sure, but once I installed that i was finally able to see what (other) codes the unit was throwing. I did not order a new (wrong PN or otherwise) touchpad control panel. I found a 71002033 for a decent price, but I can't find any information to support whether or not it is compatible with my SCE30600B which uses the 71002233. All my searching has yielded the same results you came up with. If they will interchange nobody knows or is saying so.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Dan, I'm clear now!

Thanks!

The 71002033 most likely won't work on your model.

Jake

DanBMT

Premium Member
Jake,
So I did find a WP71002233. Before I buy it, in your professional opinion, do you think there is a chance it could also have a bad relay board? I just worry something might have fried in it too. Of course I won't blame or fault you in any way of it turns out that the relay board is bad, I just want your opinion to make the best choice I can here. Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks sir!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh wait, are you saying the clock oven control board is not displaying anything too?

If so, you would need to replace that too.

Here is the clock oven control board for your model:
WP71001799 Oven Control Board

Jake

DanBMT

Premium Member
Yep i already got a new one of those. I've been planning to return it but I will keep it now. So all told i will be replacing the clock unit (71001799) and the touchpad/control panel (7102233). Hopefully these repairs will fix my problems?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, both those parts should fix it.

Make sure before you buy WP71002233 you can get a refund if its bad. Since its No Longer Available lots of scammers try to take advantage of people.

Jake