• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Sears Kenmore 721.82834500 Microwave makes a loud buzzing noise when door is closed

Bob H

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I had followed a previous thread:

That was the exact issue I was having, when I close the door the light and a buzzing noise would continue, When I open the door it would not. I checked all of the switches which were in good shape so per the previous thread I ordered a new power control board and replaced it.

The buzzing stopped when the door is closed the lights come on and all of the functions of the board work however the magnetron and turntable now do not function. Is it possible that I hit something up incorrectly or is it possible that the magnetron burnt out?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I checked all of the switches
Sounds like a door switch issue. The door switch might be good and just out of adjustment. Check the door switches for continuity by opening and closing the door.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Rick!

Bob, your model 721.82834500 does not pull up as good, please recheck it.

Jake