• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Sears kenmore washer 592-49622 door latch can't close

G

Model Number
592-49622
Brand
Sears Kenmore
hello,i have a sears kenmore washer made in 2017. 03. MOD :592-49622. the washer have power and display is ok but the door latch can't close because the relay no power.i check the door can fully close,i test the door latch have power.i short the relay switch and the latch is work ,but the latch is always lock the door even through the door is latched.how can i fix this problem.thank you.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
That is a Canadian Kenmore washer made by Samsung. I'm afraid you probably won't find much information or help for it online. If you need service you should contact Samsung Canada.

yekun111 said:
the latch is always lock the door even through the door is latched
Can you clarify that statement? It doesn't make any sense to me.

G

the door lock kit have 3 parts.one for the Mechanical lock .one for the signal wire,one for the Electromagnetic lock wire .when the door Mechanical lock close,start the washer.the signal wire should have power to control the Electromagnetic lock permanent, but when i start the washer,the washer no action because the Electromagnetic lock can't close.i check because the signal no power control to Electromagnetic lock.i short a circuit the signal wire,the washer can start. I can't find the reason why the signal wire no power when i operate the washer correctly.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Sorry but I don't know the answer and don't know where you'll find it. Service information on Canadian Kenmore models is very scarce. Maybe a Canadian Samsung service depot can offer a suggestion?