• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Sears Kenmore Washer (WLP Made) Model 110.28062800 Leaking

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Jake:

My uncle's machine, model #110.28062800, shows as being made in Clyde in December 2008. It leaks. I'm going to check it probably tomorrow. I'm told that the water that leaks is clear. I've asked them to try the machine and try to pinpoint at what stage it leaks (filling, washing, pumping, or all of these).

I was told that it was "noisy" a few weeks ago and now it leaks I'm told. I will check the supply lines to see if they are the issue, but I'm told no. I fixed the lid on this machine about a year or two ago. The pivot point where the hinge went in was quite rusty, so I told my uncle that unless it's a minor repair, it's probably worth "filing" it in the circular file as it will be good money after bad.

If you can give me some ideas where to start and look, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Most likely it’s one of the pumps. There’s two, wash pump and drain pump.

rickgburton

Staff member
Easy repair but I can’t tell you if it’s worth it. Whirlpool are good machines. It’s cheaper than a new machine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
Easy repair but I can’t tell you if it’s worth it. Whirlpool are good machines. It’s cheaper than a new machine.
Yes, both look easy to do, I watched the videos, thanks. What am I looking for to check/test to see which one may be the issue? Thanks.

rickgburton

Staff member
I’ve always found the power of observation comes in handy in these situations. LOL Get both pumps and return the one you don’t use. That will save you a trip. There’s no way to tell without looking.

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
Thanks. I'll report back on the repair. You know they are a married couple---Marion (the dryer, made in Marion, OH by WLP) and Clyde (the washer, made in Clyde, OH by WLP). They've been together since at least 2008. LOL.

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
I ordered both parts. I was told now that, "it's been making noise towards the end of the cycle for 6 months and it sounds like something was going to break". Gee thanks, no one said anything until there was water on the floor. LOL.

Thanks as always.

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
I'm betting that someone left coins in a pocket and that's what's caught in the drain pump making the noise. I'm thinking I'm going to find a cracked housing for sure. I'll surely post more on that.

Your thoughts on the screws are appreciated. Thanks as always.

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
Ok, Rick and Jake. Replaced the two pumps, still the same issue, so we had a look. Posted two videos of the leak. I did find the center Allen screw at the bottom of the rotor assembly was very loose (was able to spin it out by hand). I tightened it back up, but to no avail. Also as suspected, there were coins in the drain and circulator pump area. I removed as many as I could. Any way to get to them? Seems like they are caught between the two tub halves?

Any ideas of where the leak is coming from perhaps? Thanks as always.

Attachments

• IMG_3794.MOV
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3793 (1).MOV
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

rickgburton

Staff member
I can see the water leaking in the videos but that's about it. Here's the thing, if you can't tell where the leak is coming from and you're right there, there's no way we can tell miles away from a video. The only thing you can do is use the process of elimination. If the leak is not from the pumps or hoses on the pumps it must be coming from the center tub seal. It might be time to cut your losses and get a new machine. It's way past its useful life. Today the life expectancy of a washer is 6-8 years. Yours is 13 years old so it doesn't owe you anything.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member